Refineries require large quantities of shielding gases for controlling various refining processes, with a great deal of variation in the required supply amounts. In such cases the required gases are generally produced and stored on site. The demand for shielding gases increases in connection with annual service and disturbances. Liquid nitrogen is used for cooling during service periods.
Pure oxygen is used to increase the efficiency of waste water treatment. Suffocating inert gases are used for fire fighting.
Pure shielding gases are needed in the transfer of various raw materials to ensure that the chemicals remain pure and unmixed. The transfer pipes and equipment require purging. A mix of chemicals and air causes a risk that can be controlled with gas know-how and the proper use of the inert gases.
We also provide:
- On-site services and cooperation on gas supply on the basis of the refinery's needs
- Purging services for various cyclical needs, e.g. in connection with annual service or disturbances
- Cooling methods for the efficient cooling of e.g. reactors and catalysts
- Safe and automatic systems for the adjustment of waste water pH level
- Cleaning methods and equipment based on the use of dry-ice pellets as well as water- and solvent-free cleaning services of equipment and facilities (CryoClean)
- Know-how and equipment suited to the intensification of the Claus process or a FCC plant, through the enrichment of combustion air using pure oxygen
- Hydrogen deliveries for refineries' special needs
- Inert gases required for fire control and extinguishing
- Process consultation, gas industry planning, testing and commissioning services
- Gas system maintenance and services
- Specialty gases from our extensive product range
- Gas networks and know-how in gas technology & systems